Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 15:38:43 -0600

720 
FZPN01 KWBC 222138
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON NOV 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N161E 997 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 35N AND W OF 169E AREA OF E WINDS 30 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 30N178E 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
W OF A LINE FROM 30N176W TO 38N176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173W 1003 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS S OF 41N BETWEEN 166W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 49N168W 989 MB MOVING N 25 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
46N163W TO 39N169W TO 34N161W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND 360 NM E 
QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 44N WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE... 540 NM E QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N166W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM W SEMICIRCLE...420 NM SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 300 NM E 
OF A FRONT FROM 53N156W TO 45N152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N156W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS AND 420 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N125W 1002 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT AND 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 36N 
TO 50N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W E OF 
126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA NEAR 61N177E 996 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 55N171E TO 
49N178E AREA OF W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 47N153E 989 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 50N W OF 165E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N160E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 58N BETWEEN 148W AND 
157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 41N146W 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N142W 1034 MB. 

.HIGH 44N163E 1028 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N169E 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N177E 1037 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 38N159W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N154W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 117W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED N SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 23N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST 
OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 12N 
W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM 
OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 10N W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 
120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W...INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N 
TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON NOV 22...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 08N90W TO 09N127W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 87W AND 102W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.