Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:45:13 -0600

490 
FZPN40 PHFO 222245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON NOV 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 29N161E 997 MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT NW OF A LINE 
FROM 30N174E TO 24N170E TO 22N160E. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 30N1654E 
TO 23N160E MOVING ESE 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 27N166E 1003 MB. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
30N177E TO 25N170E TO 20N160E. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N175W TO 23N175E TO 22N165E TO 25N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N166E 1007 MB. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
30N173W TO 24N176E TO 20N170E TO 19N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NW OF A 
LINE FROM 30N170W TO 26N176E TO 25N163E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 26N166W TO 22N173W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 26N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED OVER FORECAST AREA.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 26N150W TO 19N152W MOVING W 10 KT. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N161W TO 21N172W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 23N177E TO 17S160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 24N 
E OF 148W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
12 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N140W TO 24N155W TO 24N175W TO 
20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
24N160E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N W OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 
22N172E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 22N155W TO 22N175W TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 
24N178E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N170W TO 20N177E TO 17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N162W TO 08N155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 22N TO 26N E OF 147W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 06N TO 11N E OF 165E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 06N174E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 154W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF 
ITCZ W OF 167W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.