Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:06:29 -0600

705 
FZPN01 KWBC 230406
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N165E 1000 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 35N AND W OF 169E AREA OF E WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 39N AND W OF 172E E TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N179E 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
W OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 39N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 41N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N168W 984 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 55N164W TO 
45N160W TO 40N159W TO 33N159W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW AND 360 NM 
E QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE...540 NM E QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N165W 985 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND SE QUADRANT...AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM 57N156W TO 50N151W TO 37N152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N154W 983 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW INLAND 47N124W 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 52N E OF 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 52N174E 
TO 46N160W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N177W 998 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 48N156E 995 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 52N W OF 165E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N162E. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 52N W OF 170E S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 41N145W 1037 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N143W 1032 MB.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N143W 1032 MB. 

.HIGH 45N164E 1031 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N171E 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N177E 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 32N169W 1021 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N157W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N158W 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT IN MIXED N SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 23N WITHIN 120 NM 
OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 11N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM 
OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 10N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. N OF 23N WITHIN 
120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 08N100W TO 09N113W TO 
08N118W TO 10N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 100W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.