Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:45:16 -0600

385 
FZPN40 PHFO 230445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N161E 1000 MB MOVING ESE 10 KT. SECOND LOW 29N166W 1002 MB 
MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 25 TO 40 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
24N173E TO 21N160E. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 30N169E TO 25N165E TO 
22N160E MOVING ESE 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOWS AND WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N168E 1007 MB. SECOND LOW MOVED N OF 
FORECAST AREA. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 26N175E TO 19N160E. 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 25N178E TO 22N169E TO 
26N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N166E 1010 MB. ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
30N172W TO 26N180E TO 18N164E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N171W TO 26N175E TO 24N164E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 26N166W TO 24N176W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 27N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED OVER FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N160W TO 21N173W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N172W TO 20N174E TO 17S160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 24N 
E OF 148W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N172E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
12 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 15N140W TO 24N155W TO 24N175W TO 
20N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 
24N160E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N W OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 
22N172E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
10N140W TO 22N155W TO 22N175W TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 
24N178E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N170W TO 20N177E TO 17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N162W TO 08N155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE IN AREA FROM 07N TO 12N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N163W TO 07N175W TO 07N170E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ E OF 154W...AND WITHIN 120 NM 
N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 168W AND 178W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.