Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:00:13 -0600

492 
ATHW40 PHFO 230500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 23 2010

AS WAS THE CASE LAST EVENING...CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS HAVE BEGUN TO 
MOVE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST AND DISSIPATE AS THE EVENING PROGRESSES.  
ON THE OTHER HAND...MUCH OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 10 THOUSAND FEET 
REMAINS BLANKETED WITH LOW CLOUDINESS.  BECAUSE OF THE CLOUD 
MOVEMENT OVER THE ISLES...CLEARING IS TAKING PLACE FROM THE NORTH 
AND NORTHEAST...WITH CLOUDINESS CURRENTLY CONCENTRATED TOWARD THE 
SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST PORTIONS OF THE ISLES FROM KAUAI TO MAUI.  LOW 
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE NORTHEAST TO EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 10 MPH 
ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

EXCEPT FOR SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IMMEDIATELY SOUTH AND 
SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...SOUTHWEST OF EAST MAUI AND OAHU...AND 
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI...SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL WATERS.

A FRONT APPEARS TO BE ABOUT 375 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND 
HAS BEEN MOVING EAST AND SOUTHEAST SLOWLY.  SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE BOUNDARY ARE NOW WITHIN 75 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 28N160W TO 25N164W.

CONVECTION REMAINS UNORGANIZED ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE 
ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  AT THE MOMENT...MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED FROM 07.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 141W AND 162W... 
AND FROM 06.5N TO 09N WEST OF 170W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.