Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 04:03:47 -0600

413 
FZPN01 KWBC 231003
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N165E 1000 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 34N AND W OF 171E AREA OF E WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 40N AND W OF 175E E TO NE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N176W 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
W OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 37N160W TO 40N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N174W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 170E AND FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 
150W AND 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N168W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 56N160W TO 
45N156W TO 37N156W TO 31N159W. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND NW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM 
OF CENTER AND 180 E OF THE FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT AND 600 
NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N162W 983 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N150W 985 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM S QUADRANT AND FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 139W AND 162W  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL INLAND 45N119W 998 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 52N E OF 135W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 33N 
TO 40N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
52N178E TO 48N163E SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N174W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 
300 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 48N TO 55N BETWEEN 162W AND 176W AND WITHIN 480 
NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N 
TO 46N W OF 166E SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 50N158E 992 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 54N W OF 171E AREA OF S TO SE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N162E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N147W TO 36N153W. 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N132W TO 40N150W. 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 152W AND 160W...EXCEPT N OF 55N TO 165W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 58N BETWEEN 144W AND 
148W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 52N W OF 166E. 

.HIGH 41N145W 1034 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL DRIFT SE 10 KT 
AFTER 24 HOURS.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N144W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N140W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 46N166E 1033 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N173E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N178W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 33N170W 1022 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N157W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N156W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 117W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT 
IN N SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 119W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF 
BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W 
OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 12N118W TO 29N140W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 118W AND 
127W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 23N 
WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 
9 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N103W TO 
09N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM
08N130W TO 11N133W. 

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.