Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 04:46:58 -0600

859 
FZPN40 PHFO 231046
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 26N163E 1000MB MOVING E 30 KT.  SECOND LOW 29N169E 1004MB 
MOVING ENE 30 KT.  FRONT FROM SECOND LOW TO 24N166E TO 20N160E.  
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF A LINE FROM 28N160E TO 28N165E TO 30N171E.  
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 21N165E TO 
29N180W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N167E 
30N178W 21N176E 20N160E 30N167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N178E 1006MB.  SECOND LOW MOVED N OF 
FORECAST WATERS.  FRONT FROM FIRST LOW TO 24N170E TO 22N160E.  WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT N OF A LINE FROM 27N163E TO 28N175E TO 30N180W.  WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N162E TO 26N174E TO 
24N177E TO 30N172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.  FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 26N180E TO 
21N170E TO 22N163E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT 
N OF 28N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N166W TO 24N174W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N163 TO 27N168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 20N179E TO 17N157W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 25N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 27N160E.  SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 22N166E TO 26N173E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 22N173E TO 
00N177E TO 00S171W TO 12N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 
24N177E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 20N174E TO 30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N164W TO 10N178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
22N164E TO 22N173E TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 
FROM 16N160E TO 20N180E TO 30N168W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE 
FROM 30N154W TO 08N176W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N153W TO 08N169W TO 08N178E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.