Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:00:12 -0600

763 
ATHW40 PHFO 231200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 23 2010

SKIES HAVE BECOME CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER MOST OF THE ALOHA 
STATE THIS EARLY MORNING.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE ONLY BEEN OCCURRING 
FROM TIME TO TIME IN WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS...ESPECIALLY IN 
KAUAI...AND OVER KOHALA AND HAMAKUA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  SOME BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDINESS ALSO APPEARS TO BE LINGERING OVER UPSLOPE AREAS OF 
KAU AND KONA ON THE ISLAND OF HAWAII...AND THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST- 
NORTHEAST AT 10 TO 15 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN...SPEEDS 
INCREASING GOING FROM THE BIG ISLAND TO KAUAI.

HIGH CLOUDS ARE GENERATING CEILINGS JUST TO THE NORTHWEST AND NORTH 
OF KAUAI.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  BEYOND THE COASTAL WATERS...AT SLIGHTLY 
MORE THAN 100 MILES EAST CLOCKWISE THROUGH SOUTH OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...PATCHES OF BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING WEST ON THE 
PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.

A WEAKENING FRONT...NEARLY STATIONARY...IS APPROXIMATELY 380 MILES 
NORTH-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION THAT HAD BEEN 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM LAST EVENING HAS DISSIPATED.  BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST HIGH CLOUDS...MOST ELEMENTS AHEAD OF THE SURFACE 
BOUNDARY...BLANKET MUCH OF THE AREA NORTH OF KAUAI BETWEEN 155W AND 
162W.  ELSEWHERE...HIGH CLOUDS AHEAD OF ANOTHER FRONT WEST OF THE 
DATE LINE COVER THE AREA NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 27N175W 
TO 24.5N180.

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE WIDELY DISPERSED ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...AND THEY REMAIN 
UNORGANIZED.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 06.5N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 176W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.