Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:47:51 -0600

987 
FZPN01 KWBC 231547
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA NEAR 29N172E 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 40N AND W OF 180W AREA OF NE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N176W 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
41N BETWEEN 168E AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NW AND 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLES AND FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 
155W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N167W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WITH A FRONT FROM 53N169W TO 
59N163W TO 50N156W TO 37N156W TO 31N158W. WITHIN 240 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM SW AND 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT 
E OF 157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N158W 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 51N143W TO 33N156W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N150W 986 MB. WITHIN 960 NM S QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N130W TO 37N150W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 52N164E TO 45N160E AREA 
OF S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N174E 1002 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N177E TO 52N173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N 
TO 49N W OF 168E SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 50N162E 996 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 52N180W TO 57N175E 
AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST 
WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 36N TO 52N BETWEEN 124W AND 136W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 38N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 40N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 147W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 163E AND 170E. 

.HIGH 40N144W 1034 MB DRIFTING E WILL MOVE SE 10 KT AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N141W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N140W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 46N167E 1033 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N176E 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N178W 1036 MB. 

.HIGH 36N164W 1023 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N150W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N156W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 122W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL. N OF 27N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 11N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 25N W OF 130W AND FROM 13N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN N 
SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 130W AND FROM 13N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 
FT. N OF 27N E OF 123W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 08N90W TO 11N130W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS FROM 90W TO 
107W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS FROM
130W TO 133W AND WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 12N117W 
TO 13N127W TO 15N131W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.