Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:45:12 -0600

662 
FZPN40 PHFO 231645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FIRST LOW 26N163E 1005MB MOVING SE SLOWLY.  SECOND LOW 29N172E 
1005MB MOVING ENE 30 KT.  FRONT FROM FIRST LOW TO 24N160E.  
DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 27N172E TO 21N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT A LINE FROM 27N160E TO 30N174E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 28N168E TO 26N180E TO 30N178W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF A LINE FROM 20N165E TO 28N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FIRST LOW DISSIPATED.  SECOND LOW MOVED N OF 
FORECAST AREA WITH FRONT OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N175W TO 
25N180E TO 22N170E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N 
OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 26N171W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 26N164W TO 
24N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.RIDGE FROM 23N177W TO 18N173E TO 19N161E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 23N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 27N160E.  SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 22N166E TO 26N173E.  
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA N OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 22N173E TO 
00N177E TO 00S171W TO 12N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 
24N177E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 20N174E TO 30N171W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N164W TO 10N178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
22N164E TO 22N173E TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE 
FROM 16N160E TO 20N180E TO 30N168W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE 
FROM 30N154W TO 08N176W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N153W TO 08N169W TO 08N176E.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.