Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:19:28 -0600

884 
ATHW40 PHFO 231819
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 23 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC DOMINATED BY AN UPPER 
LEVEL RIDGE. THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS WEST SOUTHWEST TO EAST NORTHEAST 
ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WITH THE EFFECTS OF THE RIDGE 
COVERING THE AREA FROM 30N TO 10N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W. AN UPPER 
LEVEL JET IS CROSSING THE DATELINE NEAR MIDWAY ATOLL AND POINT WEST 
AHEAD OF A DEEP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH FARTHER TO THE WEST. 

A DECK OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AREA 
NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 25N180. ISOLATED EMBEDDED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN THIS AREA STRETCHING WITHIN 30 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 28N180 CROSSING MIDWAY ATOLL. THE 
HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 48000 FEET WITH THESE STORMS. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SKIES ARE MAINLY CLEAR OVER THE 
LAND MASSES WITH A FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WITH TOPS NEAR 7000 
FEET OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS. THE CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE 
WEST AT ABOUT 15 MPH OVER THE COASTAL WATERS.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.