Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:42:25 -0600

883 
FZPN01 KWBC 232142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 30N177E 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS S OF 39N BETWEEN 180W AND 163E AREA OF NE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N174W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
43N BETWEEN 173E AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N176W 1003 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM OF LOW AND FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 155W AND 166W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N166W 984 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 45N BETWEEN 155W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 57N155W TO 
45N153W TO 31N157W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N156W 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 44N170W TO 53N133W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N138W TO 
35N155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 986 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N130W TO 
37N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 54N170E TO 45N160E AREA 
OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 60N177E 996 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 
59N147W WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 58N177E TO 52N173W OVER 
THE BERING SEA WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 30N177E ABOVE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 163E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 47N155E 990 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 51N W OF W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 54N166E 997 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E AND 420 NM S QUADRANTS...AND W 
OF A LINE FROM 32N163E TO 47N177E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
23 FT...HIGHEST WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 44N BETWEEN 117W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 46N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 156W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM
FROM 44N TO 50N W OF 162E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 54N BETWEEN 163E AND 
170E.  

.HIGH 41N144W 1036 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N139W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N137W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 45N169E 1035 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N177E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N175W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 38N163W 1023 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N157W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND N SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 116W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 25N W OF 130W AND FROM 13N TO 20N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND N SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 130W AND FROM 12N TO 21N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. N OF 23N E OF 116W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN N SWELL EXCEPT 9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL N OF 26N 
BETWEEN 116W AND 126W.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 08N110W TO 10N125W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60-80 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
FROM 90W TO 108W...AND FROM 120W TO 140W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS 
NOTED N OF 6N E OF 84W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.