Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:42:25 -0600

606 
FZPN40 PHFO 232242
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE NOV 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST LOW 30N177E 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WITH 
TROUGH TO SECOND LOW 24N166E 1005 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. COLD FRONT 
FROM FIRST LOW TO 26N174E TO 23N170E TO 19N160E. WEAK COLD FRONT 
FROM SECOND LOW TO 23N160E. NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT N OF TROUGH AND 
LOWS E OF 166E. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF TROUGH AND FRONT 
FROM SECOND LOW. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM SE OF TROUGH AND 
LOWS. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 24N BETWEEN 179W AND 169E...N OF 
28N BETWEEN 174W AND 179W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM SE OF FRONT 
FROM FIRST LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FIRST LOW MOVED N OF AREA WITH STORM FORCE WINDS N 
OF AREA. SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR DETAILS. SECOND LOW DISSIPATED. FRONT 
FROM 30N178W TO 25N176E TO 20N168E TO 17N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT N OF FRONT E OF 163E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 210 NM SE OF 
FRONT E OF 175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 25N180W TO 20N174E. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 171W AND 175W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 26N166W TO 25N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 24N175W TO 20N177E TO 17N163E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 17N E 
OF 152W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 26N E OF 162W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 23N170E TO 23N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 23N176E TO 
20N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NE OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 14N146W TO 
23N152W TO 25N166W TO 30N174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 
24N175E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 
30N173W TO 23N180W TO 20N170E TO 18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT NE OF A 
LINE FROM 10N140W TO 10N153W TO 20N155W TO 30N158W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 178W AND 171E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 20N177W TO 
17N170E TO 17N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT FROM 08N TO 27N E OF 165W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N154W TO 08N166W TO 10N179W TO 06N165E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.