Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:25:37 -0600

359 
ATHW40 PHFO 240025
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 24 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC DOMINATED BY AN UPPER 
LEVEL RIDGE. THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS WEST SOUTHWEST TO EAST NORTHEAST 
ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WITH THE EFFECTS OF THE RIDGE 
COVERING THE AREA FROM 30N TO 10N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W. AN UPPER 
LEVEL JET IS CROSSING THE DATELINE NEAR MIDWAY ATOLL AND POINTS WEST 
TOWARDS A DEEP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH LOCATED FARTHER TO THE WEST NEAR 
170E. 

A DECK OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AREA 
NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 25N180. THE LOCATION OF 
THIS CLOUD DECK HAS MOVED LITTLE OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. ISOLATED 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN THIS AREA STRETCHING 
WITHIN 30 MILES OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 28N180 CROSSING ABOUT 30 
MILES SOUTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THE HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 
48000 FEET WITH THESE STORMS. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD PATTERNS ARE CONSISTENT WITH 
AN AFTERNOON LIGHT TRADE WIND PATTERN. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
LOCATED OVER ALL OF THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 8000 
FEET...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLEAR SKIES OVER THE AREA FROM KAMUELA 
TO KAWAIHAE AND THE AREA FROM KILAUEA VOLCANO SOUTHWARD TO APUA 
POINT. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO OVER THE SOUTHERN THROUGH WESTERN 
FLANKS OF HALEAKALA EXTENDING SOUTHWEST ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS TO 
KAHOOLAWE. ANOTHER BATCH OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVERS THE WEST MAUI 
MOUNTAINS...INTERIOR OF LANAI...AND THE WESTERN THIRD OF MOLOKAI. A 
NARROW BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS EMERGING OFF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF 
MOLOKAI EXTENDING 10 MILES ACROSS THE LEEWARD COASTAL WATERS. 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE INTERIORS OF OAHU AND KAUAI. 
OVER THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
PREVAIL...WITH ONLY A FEW CLOUDS OVER LEEWARD WATERS. THE CLOUDS IN 
AREAS FREE OF TERRAIN ARE MOVING TO THE WEST AT ABOUT 15 MPH OVER 
THE COASTAL WATERS.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.