Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:04:52 -0600

389 
FZPN01 KWBC 240404
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED NOV 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 31N177W 1007 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS S OF 39N BETWEEN 180W AND 163E AREA OF NE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N174W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND N 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 
43N BETWEEN 173E AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N176W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM OF LOW AND FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 155W AND 166W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N164W 984 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 46N BETWEEN 152W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 57N152W TO 
46N152W TO 33N155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N152W 987 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 48N170W TO 43N160W TO 52N132W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N132W TO 
45N146W TO 38N154W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N142W 991 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
840 NM S AND 780 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT 
FROM 52N130W TO 46N132W TO 39N140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 54N174E TO 50N170E TO 
47N163W AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 62N178W 994 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE 
WITH LOW 57N142W MENTIONED ABOVE.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 31N177W ABOVE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 163E SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 49N158E 991 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 53N W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 54N170E 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 600 E AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 41N166E 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
CENTER EXCEPT 360 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT. 

.FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 121W AND 128W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N E OF 126W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 51N W OF 165E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 48N TO 58N BETWEEN 173E AND 
177E. 

DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 39N BETWEEN 161W AND 170W. 

.HIGH 42N143W 1033 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N140W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N137W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 45N170E 1035 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N180W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N166W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 41N159W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N160W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N147W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NE AND N SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 117W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 130W AND FROM 12N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND N SWELL. N OF 24N E OF 117W AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 
117W AND 127W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW TO N 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT...HIGHEST SEAS W OF 130W. ELSEWHERE N OF 
09N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. 

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 09N100W TO 08N110W TO 
09N125W TO 11N138W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG IS N OF 
07N BETWEEN 81W AND 85W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED FROM 07N TO 
11N BETWEEN 89W AND 110W...FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 118W AND 
124W...NEAR 10N131W AND NEAR 09N139W.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.