Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:42:10 -0600

760 
FZPN40 PHFO 240442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 26N172E TO LOW 1006 MB 24N168E TO 
22N169E TO 19N164E TO 19N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT N OF 24N 
AND MOVING SE 10 KT S OF 24N. NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT N OF FRONT E OF 
168E. NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
26N170E TO 24N160E. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 27N178E TO 21N169E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N172W TO 24N180W TO 
18N170E TO 17N163E TO 20N166E TO 26N170E TO 30N173E TO 30N172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 25N178E TO 
22N173E TO 19N167E. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT E OF 166E. 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N180W TO 22N175E. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 27N164W TO 25N168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168W TO 23N175W TO 20N179E TO 16N163E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E 
OF 150W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 24N E OF 162W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 13 TO 19 FT N 0F 24N W OF 174E. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N W OF 180W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NE OF A LINE FROM 14N140W TO 15N151W 
TO 23N152W TO 25N172W TO 30N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N180W TO 
24N174E TO 22N169E TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A 
LINE FROM 30N173W TO 22N180W TO 20N170E TO 18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
N OF 20N E OF 161W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 
20N180W TO 16N170E TO 15N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A 
LINE FROM 08N140W TO 08N167W TO 20N165W TO 26N158W TO 27N140W TO 
08N140W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N154W TO 08N169W TO 09N179E TO 05N165E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 164W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 164W.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.