Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:39:33 -0600

221 
ATHW40 PHFO 240539
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC NOVEMBER 24 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC DOMINATED BY AN UPPER 
LEVEL RIDGE. THE RIDGE AXIS EXTENDS FROM 38N152W TO 19N169W AND THE 
EFFECTS COVER AN AREA FROM 30N TO 10N BETWEEN 143W AND 172W. TO THE 
WEST OF THIS RIDGE...AN UPPER LEVEL JET IS CROSSES THE DATELINE NEAR 
MIDWAY ATOLL AND MARKS THE EASTERN FLANK OF AN EASTWARD MOVING DEEP 
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH.

THE TROUGH IS PRODUCING A DECK OF LAYERED CLOUDS COVERS THE NORTH 
AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 18N173E TO 38N160W. THE LOCATION OF THIS 
CLOUD DECK HAS MOVED LITTLE OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. ISOLATED 
EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN THIS BAND...MAINLY BETWEEN 
25N TO 29N AND 177W TO 175E. THE HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 50 KFT 
WITH THESE STORMS. 

AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SCATTERED OPEN CELLED CUMULUS 
CLOUDS COVER MUCH OF THE WINDWARD WATERS. LEEWARD WATERS HAVE A FEW 
LOW CLOUDS OVERHEAD...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PLUME CLOUDS LEEWARD OF 
MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. ON KAUAI...SCATTERED CLOUDS COVER THE 
ISLAND INTERIOR. OAHU IS MOSTLY CLEAR WITH SOME CLOUD BUILD UPS OVER 
THE KOOLAU RANGE. MOLOKAI HAS CLOUDS ACROSS THE WINDWARD SIDE WHILE 
LANAI HAS CLOUDS OVER THE SOUTH CENTRAL PART OF THE ISLAND. MAUI HAS 
LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WEST SIDE AS WELL AS THE SOUTHERN SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA. THE BIG ISLAND HAS CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE LOWER SLOPES 
AROUND THE ISLAND. ISOLATED WINDWARD SHOWERS ARE OBSERVED ON 
RADAR...CONCENTRATED MOSTLY OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE STATE. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
PRESENT ALONG THE ITCZ WITH TOPS NEAR 50 KFT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.