Subject: Pacific SE: Tropical Disturbance Summary

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 02:53:06 -0600

559 
WWPS21 NFFN 240600
Tropical Disturbance Summary For area Equator to 25S, 160E to 120W
ISSUED FROM RSMC NADI Nov 24/0852 UTC 2010 UTC.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE [1005 HPA] ANALYSED NEAR 15.9S 171.4E AT
240600 UTC SLOW MOVING. POSITION POOR BASED ON MTSAT IR IMAGERY WITH
ANIMATION AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS. SST AROUND 30C.

ORGANISATION HAS SLIGHTLTY IMPROVED IN THE LAST 24 HOURS. CONVECTION
REMAINS PERSISTANT IN THE LAST 12 HOURS. CYCLONIC CIRCULATION IS FROM
SURFACE TO 700 HPA. SYSTEM REMAINS UNDER THE 250HPA RIDGE AXIS AND
ALONG A SURFACE TROUGH IN A MODERATELY SHEARED ENVIRONMENT. 

MOST GLOBAL MODELS HAVE PICKED THE SYSTEM AND SLOWLY MOVE IT
SOUTHEAST WITH LITTLE INTENSIFICATION.

THE POTENTIAL FOR THIS SYSTEM TO DEVELOP INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE IN
THE NEXT 24 TO 48 HOURS REMAINS LOW.

NO OTHER SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL DISTURBANCES ANALYSED OR FORECAST IN
THE AREA.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.