Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 04:03:03 -0600

505 
FZPN01 KWBC 241002
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED NOV 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 32N176W 1005 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER AND 480 NM REMAINDER W QUADRANT AND  
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS S OF 40N BETWEEN 178W AND 164E AREA OF NE WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N175W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N176W 1006 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 36N BETWEEN 170E AND 170W AND FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 172E 
AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N175W 1000 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE...480 NM NW AND 600 NM NE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N163W 983 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 47N BETWEEN 148W AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N150W 987 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF THE 
ALEUTIANS AND N OF A LINE FROM 48N173W TO 44N155W TO 54N136W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 992 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM 
S AND 180 NM AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 23 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND W OF A LINE FROM 55N180W TO 50N178W 
TO 47N163W AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 61N172W 996 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF THE 
ALEUTIANS TO 61N AND FROM 163W TO 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE 
WITH LOW 57N141W MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 32N176W ABOVE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 46N W OF 164E SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N160E 991 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND 420 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
37N TO 54N BETWEEN W 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N175E 998 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT...HIGHEST WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 60N149W TO 50N147W TO 40N155W 
TO 33N155W SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N130W TO 
48N141W TO 40N150W TO 38N152W SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT. .36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N134W 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM LOW CENTER SW TO 40N144W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N130W 992 MB. FROM 41N TO 53N E 
OF 135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N160E 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N167E 1012 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 118W AND 127W N TO NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 136W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH AREA MENTIONED ABOVE. 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF FREEZING SPRAY. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 58N146W TO 45N151W.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 53N BETWEEN 168E AND 161E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 51N TO 58N BETWEEN 177W AND 
177E. 

DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 162W AND 
170W. 

.HIGH 40N143W 1033 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N137W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N135W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 46N172E 1034 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N176W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N165W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 41N160W 1026 MB WILL DRIFT E 5 KT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N157W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 36N142W 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N145W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER OSZAJCA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN N SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 117W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 12N116W TO 29N140W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 26N BETWEEN 115W AND 
131W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 09N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 12N115W TO 25N140W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N84W TO 08N108W TO 10N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 97W AND 119W.

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.