Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 04:50:38 -0600

930 
FZPN40 PHFO 241050
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 23N168E 1006MB MOVING S SLOWLY.  FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N180W 
AND FROM LOW TO 19S168E TO 18S160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF LINE 
FROM 26N168E TO 28N177E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 25N162E TO 24N166E TO 26N173E TO 24N175E TO 30N174W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN FRONTS AND A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 
17N175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.  FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 23N177W TO 
20N167E.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 30N172W TO 25N177W TO 20N170E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 25N169W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 07N147W MOVING W 10 KT.  ISOLATED TSTMS 
BETWEEN 08N AND 13N E OF 143W.

.RIDGE FROM 25N170W TO 18N176W TO 16N170E TO 17N161E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 24N E OF 162W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 20N175E TO 25N178E TO 
30N177W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
20N175E TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
08N180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N164E TO 
22N173E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
15N160E TO 20N180W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N155W TO 08N180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N170E TO 
25N176E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
12N160E TO 12N170E TO 20N176W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A 
LINE FROM 27N158W TO 08N174W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N150W TO 08N168W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM N AND 90 NM S OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.