Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:26:06 -0600

710 
FZPN01 KWBC 241625
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED NOV 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N174W 1005 MB DRIFTING SW. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
180 NM SE AND 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 40N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 168E AREA OF NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N175W 1005 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N178W 1007 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 360 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE S 
OF 36N BETWEEN 173E AND 171W AND FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 175E 
AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N174W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NE AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 177E AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 45N153E 990 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 34N174W ABOVE 
FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 168E SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N155E 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N162E 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N175W 996 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SW AND 480 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST 
WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N160W 986 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 47N BETWEEN 143W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 986 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF THE 
ALEUTIANS WITHIN 900 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 996 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 900 NM 
S AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 48N AND W OF 176W AREA OF SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA N OF THE ALEUTIANS TO 57N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 162W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 58N178E TO 52N173W  
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 57N141W MENTIONED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 

.WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 56N142W TO 50N144W TO 40N154W 
TO 33N155W SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N135W TO 
44N141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 51N132W TO 50N136W TO 40N148W TO 
35N135W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE OF A LINE FROM 48N124W 
TO 40N133W TO 36N150W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N162E 1009 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N168E 1014 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT WITHIN 300 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 117W AND 126W AND FROM 42N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 128W AND 135W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 44N TO 51N BETWEEN 130W AND 136W NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH AREA MENTIONED ABOVE. 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 54N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 136W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 43N TO 54N BETWEEN 172E AND 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 55N TO 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 
175E. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 39N BETWEEN 162W AND 
170W. 

.HIGH 40N142W 1034 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N136W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N130W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 45N176E 1036 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N175W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N162W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 41N160W 1027 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N142W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N170W 1021 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N162E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
IN N SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 117W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 12N116W TO 23N130W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 24N BETWEEN 112W AND 
124W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 07N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 12N116W TO 24N140W E TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 27N 
W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N FROM 107W TO 109W INCLUDING GULF OF 
CALIFORNIA NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1430 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...09N82W TO 07N89W TO 09N99W TO 
09N130W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
240 NM N OF ITCZ BETWEEN 98W AND 114W.

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.