Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:45:48 -0600

982 
FZPN40 PHFO 241645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 23N172E 1008MB MOVING E SLOWLY.  FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N178W 
AND FROM LOW TO 19S169E TO 17S160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT N OF LINE 
FROM 27N172E TO 28N178E TO 27N178W.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N 
OF A LINE FROM 23N164E TO 24N171E TO 26N175E TO 26N180E TO 26N176W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 
17S175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.  FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 23N177E TO 
20S167E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N176W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 07N149W NEARLY STATIONARY.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 23N169W TO 15N172E TO 15N162E.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 17N TO 23N E OF 150W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N160E TO 20N175E TO 25N178E TO 
30N177W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
20N175E TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
08N180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N164E TO 
22N173E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
15N160E TO 20N180W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 
30N155W TO 08N180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N170E TO 
25N176E TO 30N176W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
12N160E TO 12N170E TO 20N176W TO 30N170W.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A 
LINE FROM 27N158W TO 08N174W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N150W TO 08N180W TO 09S167E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN THE ITCZ AND 12N BOUNDED BY 162W AND 180E...AND ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.