Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:39:56 -0600

183 
ATHW40 PHFO 241839
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 24 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE RESIDES OVER THE CENTER OF THE REGION WITH 
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWING UPPER LEVEL TROUGHS BOTH TO THE EAST AND 
WEST OF THE RIDGE. THE RIDGE AXIS RUN SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST FROM 
15N170W TO 30N160W. THE UPPER TROUGH TO THE EAST IS AFFECTING THE 
AREA EAST OF 155W NORTH OF 22N. THIS TROUGH IS MOVING SOUTHWEST 
SLOWLY TOWARDS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...LEADING TO AN AREA 
TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED EMBEDDED CUMULONIMBUS 200 MILES NORTH 
NORTHEAST OF HILO. THESE CLOUDS ARE COINCIDENT WITH AN APPARENT 
WEAK TROUGH MOVING WEST AT 25 MPH IN THE LOW LEVEL TRADE WIND FLOW. 
MAXIMUM CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 40000 FEET. 

A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND SHOWS UP IN THE IMAGERY EMBEDDED WITHIN A WIDE 
SWATH OF LAYERED CLOUDS WHICH COVERS THE AREA NORTH AND WEST OF A 
LINE FROM 30N170W TO 20N180. WITHIN 60 NM OF THE FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY...A LINE OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 45000 
FEET...IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LARGER LAYERED CLOUD BAND. THE FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY EXTENDS FROM 30N174W TO 24N180...CROSSING THE NORTHWEST 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS NEAR PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL...AND MOVING EAST AT 20 
MPH.  

VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS UNDER A TYPICAL 
MORNING TRADE WIND CLOUD DISTRIBUTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER 
THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS AND WINDWARD COAST 
OF OAHU...AND IN SMALL PATCHES ON THE WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE 
MOUNTAINS OF MOLOKAI...MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS 
ARE CROSSING THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS FROM EAST TO WEST AT 
NEARLY 25 MPH. 

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.