Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:00:09 -0600

986 
FZPN01 KWBC 242200
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED NOV 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N175W 1004 MB DRIFTING NW. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS S OF 40N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N176W 1002 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 37N BETWEEN 
176E AND 168W AND FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 176E AND 154W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N174W 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 172E AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 47N155E 989 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 51N W OF 170E SE WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N167E 994 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N167W 996 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N154W 988 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 47N BETWEEN 134W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 989 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 680 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS...S OF THE ALEUTIANS WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N135W 999 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 900 NM 
S AND 780 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 59N154W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 48N BETWEEN 171W AND 172E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER THE BERING SEA N OF THE ALEUTIANS TO 64N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO MERGE WITH LOW 62N167W MENTIONED 
ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 50N140W TO 45N150W TO 32N156W S 
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N135W 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM LOW TO 43N140W TO 38N150W SW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH LOW 56N135W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 33N157E 1011 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. EXCEPT AS NOTED 
WITH LOW 47N155E ABOVE FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N165E 1007 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 44N W 
OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED  FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 172E 
AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 117W AND 126W AND FROM 42N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 128W AND 135W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W N WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 136W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FOG DISSIPATED WITH VSBY IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N W 
OF 162E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 46N BETWEEN 167E AND 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 57N TO 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 
173W. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 33N TO 37N BETWEEN 159W AND 173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 163W AND 
171W. 

.HIGH 40N142W 1035 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N134W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N130W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 46N176E 1036 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N169W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N162W 1033 MB. 

.HIGH 42N157W 1027 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N142W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1025 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N170W 1021 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N162E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 130W AND FROM 11N TO 18N BETWEEN 120W AND 
130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND N N 
SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 117W AND N OF 29N BETWEEN 117W AND 125W NW 
TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND N SWELL. N OF 28N BETWEEN 
120W AND 126W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN N SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN MIXED NE AND N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 27N W 
OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE NOV 23...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N78W TO 07N95W TO 10N108W TO 
09N124W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 88W AND 95W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 95W AND 115W...AND WITHIN 90 NM S OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 108W AND 113W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.