Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:52:21 -0600

330 
FZPN40 PHFO 242252
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED NOV 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 24N177E TO 19N170W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 17N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF FRONT E OF 166E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM SE OF 
FRONT E OF 177E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF FRONT E OF 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 173W 
AND 176W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N178W TO 21N177E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 27N174W TO 23N179E.
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 07N151W MOVING SLOWLY W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 07N TO 11N E OF 149W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 07N155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 06N157W. 

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 29N E OF 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 27N E OF 160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 25N E OF 161W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N155W TO 25N165W TO 20N176W TO 16N170E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE SW. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 24N174E TO 22N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 20N176E TO 
18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N E OF 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 171E AND 180W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 20N180W TO 
16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 09N TO 26N E OF 167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 18N W OF 180W...AND FROM 11N 
TO 25N E OF 163W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N153W TO 09N175W TO 09S172E TO 06N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 153W AND 172W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 176W AND 166E...AND WITHIN 
75 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N179E TO 09N175W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.