Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:01:15 -0600

726 
ATHW40 PHFO 250001
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC NOVEMBER 24 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE RESIDES OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE CENTRAL PACIFIC 
REGION WITH WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWING THE RIDGE AXIS FROM 
SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST ALONG A LINE FROM 15N170W TO 30N160W. AN 
UPPER TROUGH IS LOCATED TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE RIDGE AND IS 
AFFECTING THE AREA EAST OF 162W NORTH OF 22N. THIS TROUGH IS MOVING 
SOUTHWEST AT 30 MPH TOWARDS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AN AREA OF 
TOWERING CUMULUS WITH TOPS TO 25000 FEET IS BEING ENHANCED BY THIS 
UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AND IS LOCATED 140 MILES NORTH OF HILO. THESE 
CLOUDS ARE ALONG A WEAK TROUGH MOVING WEST AT 25 MPH IN THE LOW 
LEVEL TRADE WIND FLOW.  

A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND SHOWS UP IN THE IMAGERY EMBEDDED WITHIN A WIDE 
SWATH OF LAYERED CLOUDS WHICH COVERS THE AREA NORTH AND WEST OF A 
LINE FROM 30N171W TO 20N180. WITHIN 60 NM OF THE FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY...A LINE OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 45000 
FEET...IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LARGER LAYERED CLOUD BAND. THE FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY EXTENDS FROM 30N173W TO 23N180...CROSSING THE NORTHWEST 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL AND LISIANSKI. THE 
FRONT IS MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.  

VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS UNDER A TYPICAL 
AFTERNOON TRADE WIND CLOUD DISTRIBUTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OVER 
THE EASTERN HALF OF KAUAI...THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS AND WINDWARD COAST 
OF OAHU...AND IN SMALL PATCHES ON THE LEEWARD SIDE OF OAHU AND 
WINDWARD SIDE OF MOLOKAI AND LANAI. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO 
COVERING MOST OF MAUI AND THE LOWER SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND BELOW 
10000 FEET. THE ONLY CLEAR SKIES ON THE BIG ISLAND ARE FROM KILAUEA 
VOLCANO TO PUNALUU AND PAHALA...AND OVER THE SUMMITS OF MAUNA KEA 
AND MAUNA LOA. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE CROSSING THE 
WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI FROM EAST TO WEST 
AT NEARLY 25 MPH. FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE IN 
THE COASTAL WATERS.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.