Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:22:29 -0600

264 
ATPQ40 PGUM 250322
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST THU NOV 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N146E TO BEYOND 130E 
AT 18N. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED TO WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE 
OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST OF THIS FEATURE.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS SOUTHWARD FROM 11N145E TO END NEAR 2N143E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTHEAST OF YAP BETWEEN 9N AND 2N FROM 
138E TO 144E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED 
WEST OF CHUUK BETWEEN 8N AND 6N FROM 146E TO 150E AND SOUTH OF GUAM 
WITHIN 50 MILES OF A LINE FROM 11N144E TO 11N148E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 8N158E TO 
3N155E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED OVER 
POHNPEI BETWEEN 8N AND 5N FROM 153E TO 160E.

A TRADE-WIND TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS FROM 
7N160E TO KWAJALEIN TO 7N180. WINDS CONVERGING NEAR THE TROUGH ARE 
GENERATING A NARROW BAND OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER MAJURO WITHIN 60 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 TO NORTH OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 21N166E...THEN CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A SHEAR LINE TO END 
AT 21N151E. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ALONG AND 
UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THIS BOUNDARY. EAST OF 175E...ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES SOUTH OF THE 
COLD FRONT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.