Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:52:50 -0600

383 
FZPN01 KWBC 250352
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU NOV 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N175W 1004 MB MOVING NW 5 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N AND 300 NM 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. ALSO S OF 40N BETWEEN 170W AND 173E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N177W 1002 MB. FROM 39N TO 41N BETWEEN 
170W AND 176W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 166W AND 180W...ALSO WITHIN 300 NM W AND 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO S OF 43N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 178E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N170W 1001 MB. FROM 38N TO 44N BETWEEN 
174W AND 179W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 45N171W TO 
42N164W TO 40N160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 47N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 49N158E 988 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N159E 
TO 46N161E TO 40N160E. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 45N WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N169E 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...AND N OF 49N BETWEEN 172E AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N164W 998 MB. N OF 51N BETWEEN 158W AND 
175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N151W 987 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 51N TO 58N BETWEEN 
143W AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N142W 990 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 59N150W TO 54N148W TO 49N142W WIDNS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 55N134W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N177W 996 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. FROM 54N TO 60N W OF 170W 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 50N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N142W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM S OF A FRONT FROM 47N143W TO 44N150W TO 42N152W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N132W 987 MB. FROM 50N TO 54N BETWEEN 
128W AND 135W...ALSO WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT FROM 50N130W TO 
45N133W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 42N 
TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 142W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N134W 1002 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 60N150W TO 48N131W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 36N159E 1012 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. S OF 40N W OF 165E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N167E 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW AND W OF A LINE FROM 64N166W TO 61N175W 
LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 46N TO 51N W 
OF 165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 55N BETWEEN 172E AND 176E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 160W AND 
168W. 

.HIGH 40N140W 1035 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N135W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N134W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 45N180W 1035 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N169W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N152W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N171E 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N167E 1020 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N168E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 26N W OF 130W AND FROM 12N TO 23N BETWEEN 120W AND 
130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED N AND 
NE SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 116W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 
27N BETWEEN 116W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 115W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. N OF 25N BETWEEN 
118W AND 126W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN N 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 23N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 26N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED 
N AND NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU NOV 25...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...06N77W TO 07N95W TO 09N109W TO 
09N125W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60-80 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 90W AND 105W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG FROM 
07N TO 10N BETWEEN 105 AND 113W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.