Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:42:13 -0600

285 
FZPN40 PHFO 250442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 25N179W TO 22N175E THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 19N167E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONTS. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 
180E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N178W TO 21N177E. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 27N174W TO 23N178E.

.TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 07N151W MOVING SLOWLY W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 07N155W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 14N143W TO 07N156W. 

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 13N TO 26N E OF 151W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 12N TO 23N E OF 160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 161W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N154W TO 25N165W TO 22N173W TO 16N171E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE SW. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 24N171E TO 22N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 20N172E TO 
18N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 10N E OF 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 171E AND 180W. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 20N180W TO 
16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT FROM 08N TO 27N E OF 167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 18N W OF 180W...AND FROM 11N 
TO 25N E OF 163W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N153W TO 08N163W TO 08N177W TO 07N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 11N W OF 151W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.