Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:37:51 -0600

954 
ATHW40 PHFO 250537
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC NOVEMBER 25 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE RESIDES OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE CENTRAL PACIFIC 
REGION WITH WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWING THE RIDGE AXIS FROM 
SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST ALONG A LINE FROM 17N168W TO 33N157W. EAST 
OF THE RIDGE...A TROUGH IS MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 30 MPH TOWARDS THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND SHOWS UP IN THE INFRARED IMAGERY EMBEDDED 
WITHIN A WIDE SWATH OF LAYERED CLOUDS WHICH COVERS THE AREA NORTH 
AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 30N169W TO 19N180. WITHIN 75 MILES OF THE 
FRONTAL BOUNDARY...A LINE OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS NEAR 
45 KFT IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE LARGER LAYERED CLOUD BAND. THE FRONTAL 
BOUNDARY EXTENDS FROM 30N171W TO 23N180...CROSSING THE NORTHWEST 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL AND LISIANSKI. THE 
FRONT IS MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.  

LAST VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS UNDER A TYPICAL 
TRADE WIND CLOUD DISTRIBUTION. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS DOMINATE ACROSS 
WINDWARD AND MAUKA SIDES OF THE ISLANDS WHILE A FEW CLOUDS COVER 
LEEWARD SIDES. LEEWARD BIG ISLAND BEING THE EXCEPTION WITH A BIT 
MORE LOW CLOUDS BUILT UP ALONG THE LEEWARD SLOPES. INVERSION LEVELS 
ARE A BIT HIGH THIS EVENING WITH THE UPPER TROUGH NEARBY TO THE 
NORTHEAST. CLOUDS ARE REACHING THE SUMMIT ON HALEAKALA WHILE SOME 
CLEARING IS OBSERVED OVER THE MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA PEAKS. 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE CROSSING THE WINDWARD COASTAL 
WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI FROM EAST TO WEST AT NEARLY 25 
MPH. FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE IN THE COASTAL 
WATERS.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.