Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 03:34:54 -0600

909 
FZPN01 KWBC 250934
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU NOV 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 34N177W 1002 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NW 
QUADRANT...AND FROM 35N TO 38N BETWEEN 171W AND 177W WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM W...360 NM N 
AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ALSO FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 163W AND 175E...ALSO S OF 40N 
BETWEEN 170W AND 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N174W 999 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW...420 NM 
N AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N168W 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 
170W AND 176W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 46N168W TO 
43N158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N 
TO 50N BETWEEN 155W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N160E 990 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N163E 
TO 50N165E TO 40N162E. WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM E 
OF FRONT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N174E 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. N OF A LINE FROM 50N177E TO 
57N158W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N149W 986 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 50N TO 58N BETWEEN 
143W AND 158W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N141W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW OF 
A LINE FROM 58N153W TO 52N146W TO 47N139W...ALSO FROM 55N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 154W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM SW AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N132W 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 40N130W TO 55N138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N168W 999 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 420 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 57N141W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM S OF A FRONT FROM 50N138W TO 48N142W TO 41N150W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 50N E OF 129W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N161E 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169E 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
180 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 39N BETWEEN 118W AND 126W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST BETWEEN 33N AND 50N W OF 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 161E AND 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 56N BETWEEN 175E AND 180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 39N BETWEEN 160W AND 
168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 46N BETWEEN 157W AND 
169W. 

.HIGH 39N139W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N135W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N134W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 46N176W 1035 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N164W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N148W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N162E 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N171E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 27.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
12 FT IN N SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 118W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. N OF 27N BETWEEN 116W AND 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 112W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 116W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 09N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 23N W OF 129W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 24N W 
OF 119W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 15N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU NOV 25...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 07N78W TO 09N87W TO 
09N110W TO 08N117W TO 09N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

$$
FORECASTER MUNDELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.