Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 04:40:09 -0600

842 
FZPN40 PHFO 251040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 24N178E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N170E TO 22N164E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 24N178W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 23N169E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N168W TO 23N180W.

.TROUGH FROM 09N140W TO 08N145W MOVING SLOWLY NW. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 09N145W TO 14N144W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N149W TO 15N146W TO 20N144W.. 

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 25N E OF 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 24N E OF 156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 26N E OF 157W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N159W TO 20N180W TO 17N172E NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE SW. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 22N180E TO 17N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 09N E OF 158W. SEAS 9 FT FROM 08N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT FROM 10N TO 26N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
10 FT FROM 08N TO 25N FROM 152W TO 164W. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 180E AND 171E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT FROM 15N TO 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT FROM 10N TO 26N ELSEWHERE E OF 166W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N147W TO 08N170W TO 08N175E TO 07N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 160W...AND WITHIN 180 NM N 
OF ITCZ FROM 167W TO 165E...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ W OF 164E. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.