Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 06:39:18 -0600

815 
ATHW40 PHFO 251239
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 25 2010

THE WATER VAPOR LOOPS SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL RIDGE RESIDING OVER THE 
MIDDLE OF THE CENTRAL PACIFIC REGION WITH WATER VAPOR IMAGERY 
SHOWING THE RIDGE AXIS FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST ALONG A LINE FROM 
20N166W TO 33N157W. EAST OF THE RIDGE...AN UPPER TROUGH IS MOVING 
SOUTHWEST AT 25 MPH TOWARDS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.

INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAKENING FRONTAL BAND CONSISTING OF A 200 
TO 300 MILE WIDE SWATH OF LAYERED CLOUDS WHICH COVERS THE AREA WEST 
OF A LINE FROM 35N168W TO 28N172W TO 21N177W...CROSSING AN AREA 
BETWEEN LISIANSKI AND MIDWAY ATOLLS. MOST OF THE ACTIVE EMBEDDED 
CUMULONIMBUS CLOUDS ALONG THE FRONT SIX HOURS AGO HAVE DISSIPATED. 
CLOUD TOPS ARE NOW EXTEND ONLY TO AROUND 34 KFT IN HEIGHT. THE FRONT 
IS MOVING EAST AT AROUND 10 MPH.

AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...STRONG TRADE WINDS ARE BEING 
DRIVEN BY A SURFACE HIGH CENTERED AT 35N142W. THE UPPER TROUGH IS 
ENHANCING SHOWERS...WITH RADAR TRACKING BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS AND 
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AFFECTING MOSTLY WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
SIDES OF THE ISLANDS. SOME OF THESE SHOWERS ARE MODERATE IN 
STRENGTH...WITH TOPS TO 15 KFT IN HEIGHT. INFRARED SATELLITE AND 
RADAR BOTH SHOW THE EXCEPTION BEING SOME PLUME CLOUD DEVELOPMENT OFF 
THE BIG ISLAND LEEWARD COAST. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
CROSSING THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI FROM 
EAST TO WEST AT NEARLY 25 MPH.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE IN THE ITCZ...SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS COVER 
AN AREA FROM 06N TO 10N AND ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BASIN EAST TO 
WEST. CLOUD TOPS REACH TO 44 KFT IN VERTICAL HEIGHT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.