Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:31:46 -0600

539 
ATPQ40 PGUM 251531
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI NOV 26 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A STATIONARY FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR MINAMI TORISHIMA 
THROUGH 25N150E TO A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM LOCATED AT 22N135E...THEN 
CONTINUES AS A COLD FRONT TO BEYOND 130E AT 18N. CLOUDINESS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTHWEST 
OF THIS FEATURE...INCLUDING IWO TO ISLAND.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 1N138E TO 15N138E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WEST OF THE TROUGH... 
WEST AND NORTHWEST OF KOROR BETWEEN 6N AND 12N FROM 130E TO 133E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 1N158E TO 6N156E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE SEEN NEAR THE TROUGH 
JUST SOUTH OF CHUUK AND POHNPEI...IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
6N148E TO 7N160E TO 5N160E TO 4N156E TO 1N154E BACK TO 6N148E.

A TRADE-WIND DISTURBANCE IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS FROM WEST AND SOUTH OF KWAJALEIN TO MAJURO AND 
NORTHEASTWARD TO NEAR THE DATE LINE...WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
10N164E TO 7N167E TO 7N171E TO 10N176E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.