Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:18:49 -0600

054 
FZPN01 KWBC 251618
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU NOV 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 35N177W 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
QUADRANT... AND FROM 37N TO 40N BETWEEN 170W AND 177W WINDS 35 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM SW AND 420 
NM SE QUADRANTS...AND FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 163W AND 177E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N173W 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NW AND 420 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM W AND 600 NM E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N166W 999 MB. FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 
153W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N162E 991 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 45N166E TO 55N167E WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 45N AND W OF 176E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N177E 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 58N TO 60N W OF 166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N153W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W OF 
A LINE FROM 58N168W TO 50N176W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 360 NM S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 60N148W 987 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 52N155W TO 57N170W WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT... 
EXCEPT WITHIN 60 NM IN THE LEE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 8 TO 12 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 143W AND 167W...AND WITHIN 
420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 57N167W TO 63N178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N140W 994 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 59N152W TO 47N131W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT... 
HIGHEST NEAR 48N144W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO REFORM NEAR 49N125W 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM W OF A LINE FROM 50N136W TO 37N127W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N136W 1005 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. A FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 45N142W TO 39N149W. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N133W 992 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E AND SE OF 
A FRONT FROM 46N125W TO 42N129W TO 37N141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 49N125W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N163E 1006 MB MOVING E 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 40N W OF 168E...AND FROM 40N TO 45N W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N170E 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N158E 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM NE AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
15 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 37N BETWEEN 121W AND 126W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 43N BETWEEN 
165E AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 56N W OF 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
34N160W TO 40N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 48N BETWEEN 156W AND 
167W. 

.HIGH 38N137W 1031 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N134W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 35N143W 1031 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N147W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 47N175W 1035 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N159W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N146W 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N163E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N174E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 25N E OF 120W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN N 
SWELL. N OF 25N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 11N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 24N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN N SWELL. 

.FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 23N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU NOV 25...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N78W TO 09N88W TO 
10N110W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W 
AND 94W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE 
OF AXIS CONVECTION BETWEEN 105W AND 110W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 120W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 135W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.