Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:40:15 -0600

044 
FZPN40 PHFO 251640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 24N179E THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N170E TO 23N162E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 178W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 24N180W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 23N167E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N169W TO 23N179E.

.FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING NE SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 
29N W OF 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 08N145W MOVING SLOWLY NW. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM S OF TROUGH...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 10N145W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N144W TO 18N143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N145W TO 20N146W.. 

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 25N E OF 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 15N TO 24N E OF 160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 26N E OF 157W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N159W TO 22N180W TO 19N170E NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE SW. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 22N180E TO 17N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 09N E OF 158W. SEAS 9 FT FROM 08N TO 18N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 167W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT FROM 10N TO 26N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
10 FT FROM 08N TO 25N FROM 152W TO 164W. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 180E AND 171E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 19N W OF 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 14 FT FROM 15N TO 23N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT FROM 10N TO 26N ELSEWHERE E OF 166W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N147W TO 08N170W TO 08N175E TO 08N167E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 155W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 
ITCZ BETWEEN 160W AND 174W...AND ALSO W OF 170E. ALSO AREA FROM ITCZ 
TO 13N BETWEEN 176W AND 172E.  

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.