Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:52:12 -0600

858 
ATHW40 PHFO 251852
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 25 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH DIGGING IN TO THE 
EAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS ALONG A 
LINE FROM 27N 140W TO 22N 153W. THE UPPER LEVEL LOW ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE TROUGH IS LOCATED NEAR 26N 141W. HIGH CLOUDS FROM THE ITCZ ARE 
STREAMING TO THE NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN SIDE OF 
THE UPPER TROUGH. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO NOTED IN ADDITION 
TO THE HIGH CLOUDS.

THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO FOUND IN THE ITCZ IN TWO MAIN AREAS. THE 
FIRST AREA IS BETWEEN 6N AND 10N FROM 136W TO 150W WITH ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS REACHING NEAR 47 THOUSAND FEET. THE OTHER AREA IS 
CENTERED NEAR 7N 166W WITH TOPS NEAR 50 THOUSAND FEET.

LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE EASTERN SIDES OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING TO VARYING DEGREES. ON KAUAI...LOW 
CLOUDS COVER THE EASTERN TWO THIRDS OF THE ISLAND. ON OAHU...THE LOW 
CLOUDS ARE CONFINED TO THE KOOLAU MOUNTAIN RANGE...AND THE ADJACENT 
COASTAL AREAS. MOLOKAI HAS LOW CLOUDS OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY...WHILE 
LANAI AND KAHOOLAWE ARE VIRTUALLY CLOUD FREE THIS MORNING. ON 
MAUI...CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA.

THREE MAIN AREAS OF LOW CLOUDS ARE NOTED ON THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. 
THE FIRST AREA IS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE KOHALA 
MOUNTAINS. THE NEXT AREA IS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE NORTH 
HILO...SOUTH HILO AND PUNA DISTRICTS. THE FINAL AREA IS OVER THE 
WEST FACING SLOPES OF THE KAU AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS. THE CLOUDS 
OVER THE SOUTH KONA DISTRICT ARE BEGINNING TO SPILL OVER INTO THE 
NORTH KONA DISTRICT AT 8 AM.

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST AROUND 
25 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.