Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:10:16 -0600

157 
FZPN01 KWBC 252210
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU NOV 25 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 27. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 35N177W 998 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 38N TO 41N BETWEEN 
168W AND 179W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 178E AND 168W...AND FROM 37N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N172W 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W 
AND 600 NM E SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N162W 998 MB. FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 
150W AND 179W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
51N TO 58N BETWEEN 169W AND 177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 54N165E 994 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF A LINE FROM 57N171E TO 48N168E WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 46N 
AND W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N177W 1001 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND SW QUADRANT...AND 300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO REFORM NEAR 59N149W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 
NM S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N147W 988 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 56N157W TO 49N145W AREA OF NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
19 FT...EXCEPT WITHIN 60 NM IN THE LEE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
10 FT OR LESS. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 52N136W 
TO 59N160W TO 64N170W AND WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 999 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW OF A LINE 
FROM 47N128W TO 50N139W TO 59N150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW TO REFORM NEAR 48N125W 1007 MB. WITHIN 360 
NM SW OF A LINE FROM 37N124W TO 50N133W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N134W 992 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. A FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 49N135W TO 40N143W. WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FROM 40N TO 45N E OF 
127W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 48N125W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N166E 1008 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 
170E AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N172E 1016 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N160E 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF 37N AND W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 33N BETWEEN 123W AND 126W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 43N BETWEEN 
164E AND 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
35N162W TO 42N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 49N BETWEEN 153W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 36N136W 1029 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N135W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 34N143W 1029 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N150W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 44N163W 1033 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N153W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N144W 1031 MB.

.HIGH 47N173W 1033 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N159W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N166E 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177E 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER CLARK. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 25.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 26.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 27.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 26N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
11 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 
130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED N AND 
NE SWELL. N OF 25N E OF 125W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 05N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 24N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 26N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N93W 1010 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
QUADRANT NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N95W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE 
QUADRANT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N98W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 
11N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU NOV 25...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
09N93W TO 10N110W TO 09N125W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW. SIMILAR 
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 126W TO 130W 
AND NEAR 09N134W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 10N BETWEEN 
101W AND 105W...AND FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 107W AND 113W.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.