Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:45:09 -0600

953 
FZPN40 PHFO 252245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU NOV 25 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 25 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 27 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 25N176W TO 23N175E THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 21N162E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF FRONT E OF 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 26N174W TO 24N180W THENCE 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 22N167E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. COLD FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N176W TO 
22N174E.

.FRONT NEAR 30N161E TO 29N160E MOVING N SLOWLY.
.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 20N145W TO 12N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS E 
OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE IN LOCATION.
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 200 NM W OF TROUGH.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.

.TROUGH FROM 11N144W TO 07N155W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
ALONG TROUGH. 

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 26N TO 20N E OF 153W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 11N FROM 152W TO 165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 23N175W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING W OF 
170W. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 07N177W. ALSO SEAS 10 
TO 13 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE 
W OF A LINE FROM 30N159W TO 16N180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 21N153W TO 
16N153W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 26N163W TO 
12N172W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N177W 20N180E 20N168E 
30N160E AND 30N177W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 23N AND 16N E OF 150W.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 25N167W TO 10N175W.
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 19N W OF 180E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N155W TO 05N176W...AND ALSO ALONG 09N E OF 145W.
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 160W.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.