Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:47:53 -0600

195 
ATHW40 PHFO 260047
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 26 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 25N 143W. AN 
ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS EXTENDS THROUGH THE LOW TO 20N 
153W. HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO STREAM TO THE NORTHEAST ALONG THE 
SOUTH AND EAST SIDE OF THE UPPER TROUGH. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND NEAR THE SOUTH END OF THE TROUGH WITH TOPS NEAR 37 THOUSAND 
FEET. ANOTHER LARGER THUNDERSTORM AREA ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW 
IS CENTERED NEAR 17N 144W WITH TOPS REACHING NEAR 45 THOUSAND FEET.

IN GENERAL LOW CLOUDS HAVE THINNED OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS 
SINCE DAYBREAK. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER KAUAI EARLY THIS 
AFTERNOON. ON OAHU...MOST OF THE CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE KOOLAU 
RANGE...BUT HAVE THINNED SINCE SUNRISE. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE 
BEGINNING TO FORM OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE AT 2 PM. CLOUDS REMAIN OVER 
THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI...AND ONLY A FEW CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER 
MOLOKAI AND LANAI. ON MAUI...CLOUDS THINNED A BIT OVER THE EAST 
FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND OVER THE EAST FACING 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS...A FEW CLOUDS 
HAVE FORMED OVER THE WEST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA.

THREE MAIN AREAS OF CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE BIG ISLAND AT 2 PM. THE 
CLOUDS OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS HAVE 
THINNED...AS HAVE THE CLOUDS OVER THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH HILO AND 
PUNA DISTRICTS. CLOUDS HAVE ALMOST DISAPPEARED ENTIRELY OVER THE KAU 
DISTRICT...WHILE CLOUDS HAVE EXPANDED OVER THE SOUTH KONA AND NORTH 
KONA DISTRICTS. 

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST AROUND 
25 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.