Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 22:12:17 -0600

347 
FZPN01 KWBC 260412
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 36N175W 998 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 39N TO 42N BETWEEN 
169W AND 176W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 480 NM N QUADRANT...BETWEEN 120 NM AND 300 NM 
W QUADRANT...ALSO FROM 38N TO 43N BETWEEN 165W AND 173W...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N171W 999 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE OF 
A LINE FROM 45N170W TO 41N159W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W...300 NM N...540 NM NE...540 NM SE 
AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N161W 996 MB. FROM 46N TO 51N BETWEEN 
163W AND 168W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N158W TO 
46N152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N 
TO 53N BETWEEN 148W AND 174W...AND WITHIN 300 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 59N162W TO 53N170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N162E 983 MB. FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 
163E AND 168E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER...AND FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 165E AND 
171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. ALSO N OF 37N W OF 173E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N168E 993 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N171E 
TO 53N172E TO 48N170E. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 
NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N171W 1004 MB. N OF 53N BETWEEN 175E AND 
180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 
NM SE AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N143W 990 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 720 NM 
SW QUADRANT...ALSO WITHIN 360 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 43N TO 55N BETWEEN 140W AND 
156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 1003 MB. FROM 44N TO 55N BETWEEN 
137W AND 146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 33N TO 48N E OF 133W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N133W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. A FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
54N132W TO 51N130W TO 43N134W. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND 
240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 
130W AND 140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N168E 1011 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 
169E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 64N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 48N BETWEEN 
170E AND 176E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
36N162W TO 41N171W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 
162W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 164E AND 170E.

.HIGH 35N136W 1027 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N137W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 48N170W 1032 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N150W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N141W 1029 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N171E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N179E 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 26N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 20N BETWEEN 115W AND 
125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED N AND NE 
SWELL. N OF 24N E OF 125W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N 
TO 25N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 26N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED N 
AND NE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09.5N95W 1009 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
QUADRANT NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09.5N97W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE QUADRANT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N98W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 
11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI NOV 26...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N86W TO LOW PRES NEAR 
09.5N95W TO 11N108W TO 09N125W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF LOW 
CENTER. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS FROM 10N TO 14N BETWEEN 106W AND 
110W...AND WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS FROM 129W TO 137W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.