Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 22:45:10 -0600

071 
FZPN40 PHFO 260445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 25N176W TO 23N178E THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 22N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM E OF FRONT E OF 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 25N175W TO 23N180E THENCE 
STATIONARY FRONT TO 22N170E. COLD FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 26N172W TO 
22N180E.

.FRONT NEAR 30N163E TO 29N160E MOVING N SLOWLY.
.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 19N145W TO 12N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
E OF TROUGH. E AND NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 23N E OF 
150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 18N TO 13N BEWEEN 150W AND 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 22N179W NEARLY STATIONARY...ERODING W OF 
170W. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N171E TO 25N180E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 30N171E TO 27N164E DISSIPATING BY 261200 UTC.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 23N153W TO 14N153W.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 09N176W.
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 178W AND 170E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
ELSEWHERE N AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 17N178E TO 17N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT BETWEEN 22N AND 16N E OF 153W.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE S AND E OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 25N164W 
TO 09N178W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 20N W OF 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT BETWEEN 23N AND 17N E OF 151W. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE S AND E OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 26N164W 
TO 10N176W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 14N W OF 177E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N152W TO 07N162W TO 07N178W. ISOLATED TSTMS 
ALONG ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.