Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 04:07:27 -0600

081 
FZPN01 KWBC 261007
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N155E 994 MB. FROM 34N TO 42N W OF 161E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N164E 982 MB. FROM 49N TO 52N BETWEEN 
165E AND 171E...AND WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF CENTER...AND 
FROM 44N TO 53N BETWEEN 167E AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N174W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 39N TO 44N BETWEEN 
163W AND 179W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER...AND FROM 38N TO 41N BETWEEN 160W AND 
170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N170W 999 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 47N167W TO 42N158W...ALSO FROM 40N TO 46N BETWEEN 171W AND 
177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 
50N BETWEEN 155W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N159W 995 MB. FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 
162W AND 169W...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 51N155W TO 
48N150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N 
TO 54N BETWEEN 145W AND 170W...AND FROM 53N TO 60N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 172W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N171E 996 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 58N174E 
TO 55N176E TO 50N173E. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT...AND WITHIN 300 
NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 52N TO 59N BETWEEN 176W AND 
178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 991 MB MOVING E 5 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 780 NM S QUADRANT...ALSO 
WITHIN WITHIN 300 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 
FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N142W 1008. FORECAST CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED BY LOW 50N128W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N131W 986 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 45N TO 50N E OF 128W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N169E 1012 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 
170E AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N128W 1004 MB. WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 
53N150W...40N140W...40N130W...52N138W...53N150W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. S OF 40N E OF 130W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 64N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 52N BETWEEN 
171E AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 34N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 42N170W TO 34N163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 147W AND 
160W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N163E TO 44N169E. 

.HIGH 33N135W 1027 MB MOVING S 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N136W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N147W 1028 MB MOVING S 5 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 49N164W 1031 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N149W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N141W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 43N157W 1032 MB MOVING SE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 41N149W.

.HIGH 43N159E 1021 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N171E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N176W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N178W 1026 MB.

.FORECASTER SHAW. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM LINE 27N140W TO 22N125W S TO 08N NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NE TO E SWELL. FROM 09N TO 21N 
BETWEEN 115W AND 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL. N OF 22N E OF 116W TO W COAST OF BAJA 
CALIFORNIA N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN N SWELL. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 21N W OF 116W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN N 
SWELL. REMAINDER OF AREA N OF 06N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY N SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF LINE 24N140W TO 16N121W S TO 11N NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NE TO E SWELL.
ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 26N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED N AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 26N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 25N W OF 123W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED 
N AND NE SWELL. N OF 28N E OF 130W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N96W 1008 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 
SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N97W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NW 
QUADRANT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 09N98W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14.5N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 75 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 11N TO 13.5N BETWEEN 97W AND 99W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14.5N95W TO 
13N96.5W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. WITHIN 75 
NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE 13N96.5W TO 11N101W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI NOV 26...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED ALONG 10N85W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N96W TO 10N105W TO 08N124W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 150 NM IN N SEMICIRCLE OF 
LOW PRES CENTER. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION 
WAS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS ALONG 105W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG CONVECTION WAS NOTED WITHIN 120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF AXIS 
W OF 108W.  

$$
FORECASTER STRIPLING

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.