Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 04:40:15 -0600

136 
FZPN40 PHFO 261040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 24N180W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
23N168E TO 22N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N168W TO 24N177W 
TO 22N174E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 24N177W 
THENCE A TROUGH TO 19N176W.

.FRONT NEAR 30N164E TO 29N160E MOVING N SLOWLY.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 20N146W TO 12N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS DESCRIBED 
BELOW. ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N E OF TROUGH...AND WITHIN 120 
NM W OF TROUGH N OF 17N...AND WITHIN 30 NM OF TROUGH S OF 12N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 21N146W TO 13N147W. WINDS STRENGTHENING.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS WINDS 25 TO 30 KT FROM 20N TO 23N E OF 
148W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 22N172W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N172E TO 26N180E MOVING E 10 KT.

.WEAK RIDGE FROM 30N168E TO 26N162E DISSIPATING BY 261200 UTC.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 25N157W TO 10N170W. SEAS 12 TO 13 
FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 180E AND 172E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N W OF 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 13 FT FROM 15N TO 20N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 26N E OF 165W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 
18N W OF 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 16 FT FROM 17N TO 25N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 28N E OF 167W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 
11N TO 24N W OF 172E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 17N179W TO 18N175W...
AND LINE 21N174W TO 20N171W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N147W...AND ITCZ FROM 09N154W TO 07N170W TO 
06N175W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 147W...AND AREA 
FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 166W AND 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.