Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:22:43 -0600

445 
ATPQ40 PGUM 261522
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT NOV 27 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.
 
A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR IWO TO ISLAND THROUGH 
25N143E TO 19N137E...THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO BEYOND 130E 
AT 15N. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 230 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG 
AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEAR LINE. CONVERGING WINDS 
SOUTHEAST OF THE COLD FRONT ARE CAUSING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WEST 
OF THE NORTHERN CNMI WITHIN 65 MILES OF A LINE FROM 15N135E TO 
20N139E...AND ALSO FARTHER NORTH WITHIN 65 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
21N142E TO 25N146E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHWARD FROM 1N135E THROUGH KOROR AT 7N134E 
TO 14N135E. UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE IS ENHANCING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR THE TROUGH OVER PALAU BUT JUST WEST 
OF YAP BETWEEN 3N AND 12N FROM 130E TO 138E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 2N148E TO 10N149E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR THE 
TROUGH OR SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK BETWEEN 2N AND 8N FROM 142E TO 148E.

AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED SOUTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 16N173E. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT IN THE VICINITY OF THE LOW... 
WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 18N172E TO 14N175E TO 12N175E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.