Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:17:43 -0600

905 
FZPN01 KWBC 261617
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 40N155E 993 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N158E 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM SE 
QUADRANT AND N OF 42N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N167E 984 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER AND FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 170E AND 
178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N173W 997 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM OF CENTER 
EXCEPT WITHIN 780 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 
FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N165W 1000 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
33N TO 50N BETWEEN 179W AND 151W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N154W 995 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM S AND 300 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N177E 998 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
TO 62N BETWEEN 166E AND 163W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. WITHIN 240 NM W OF A LINE FROM 
50N176W TO 61N165W AND FROM 56N TO 59N BETWEEN 157W AND 168W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 59N BETWEEN 170W 
AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N140W 993 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 900 NM S AND 780 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N127W 1006. FROM 33N TO 52N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 30N TO 40N E OF 127W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N131W 986 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 45N TO 50N E OF 128W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N170E 1012 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 
170E AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 53N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 142W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 64N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 55N BETWEEN 
171E AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 32N TO 43N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 168W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 42N170W TO 34N163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 147W AND 
160W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N163E TO 44N169E. 

.HIGH 36N138W 1027 MB MOVING S 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N146W 1027 MB MOVING S 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 48N160W 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 42N154W 1030 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N145W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N139W 1028 MB. 

.HIGH 43N162E 1025 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N173E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N173W 1028 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N177W 1027 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. N OF 23N E OF 118W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 08N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 27N115W TO 30N135W. N OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 28N 
W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE 
SWELL. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N97W 1009 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N99W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N100W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 
12N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI NOV 26...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 09N84W TO 10N90W TO 
LOW PRES NEAR 09N96W TO LOW PRES NEAR 10N107W TO 08N125W TO 
10N135W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 30 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 96W AND 98W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 105W AND 106W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 112W AND 128W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.