Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:40:16 -0600

532 
FZPN40 PHFO 261640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 24N177W THENCE STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N170E TO 23N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT BECOMING STATIONARY FROM 30N169W TO 24N177W 
TO 22N174E.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 27N175W 
THENCE A TROUGH TO 20N176W.

.FRONT NEAR 30N166E TO 28N160E MOVING N SLOWLY.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.TROUGH FROM 20N146W TO 15N147W TO 11N150W NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 
DESCRIBED BELOW. ISOLATED TSTMS FROM 14N TO 22N E OF TROUGH...AND 
WITHIN 120 NM W OF TROUGH N OF 17N...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH S OF 
13N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 19N146W TO 11N147W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 20N146W TO 11N148W. WINDS STRENGTHENING.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN AREA FROM 14N TO 24N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS WINDS 25 TO 30 KT FROM 19N TO 24N E OF 
150W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160W TO 25N170W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.HIGH 1019 MB 29N171E NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 25N180E 
AND FROM HIGH TO 27N161E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 25N157W TO 10N170W. SEAS 12 TO 13 
FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 180E AND 172E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
20N W OF 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 13 FT FROM 15N TO 20N E OF 148W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 11N TO 26N E OF 165W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 
18N W OF 177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 16 FT FROM 17N TO 25N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE FROM 12N TO 28N E OF 167W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 
11N TO 24N W OF 172E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA FROM 17N TO 20N BETWEEN 176W 
AND 177E. ALSO WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 08N179W...AND POINT 21N169W.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N148W...AND ITCZ FROM 08N154W TO 07N170W TO 
05N177W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF ITCZ E OF 148W...AND BETWEEN 
162W AND 169W...AND W OF 169E.

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.