Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:37:53 -0600

975 
ATHW40 PHFO 261837
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 26 2010

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED NEAR 18.5N 148.1W...ABOUT 440 MILES 
EAST SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. THE LOW HAS MOVED TO THE 
SOUTH OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS...AND JUST IN THE LAST HOUR OR SO 
HAS BEGUN MOVING TOWARDS THE EAST. THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN NOTED ON 
THE EAST SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW WITH TOPS REACHING NEAR 41 THOUSAND 
FEET. ADDITIONAL THUNDERSTORMS ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE UPPER 
LOW...ALONG A LINE FROM 17N 139W TO 13N 145W HAVE TOPS REACHING NEAR 
50 THOUSAND FEET. 

LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE EASTERN SIDES OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING. ON KAUAI...THE LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
OVER THE EASTERN HALF OF THE MORNING...WHILE ON OAHU...THE LOW 
CLOUDS ARE OVER THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS...AND EXTEND INTO THE CENTRAL 
PART OF THE ISLAND. ON MOLOKAI...CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE 
HALAWA VALLEY. LANAI...KAHOOLAWE AND NIIHAU ARE LARGE CLOUD FREE AT 
8 AM. ON MAUI...CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA 
FROM HOOKIPA BEACH PARK TO HANA TO KAUPO. 

ON THE BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS ARE PLENTIFUL OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES 
OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST 
FACING SLOPES FROM WAIPIO VALLEY TO CAPE KUMUKAHI TO VOLCANO. A FEW 
CLOUDS ARE BEGINNING TO FORM OVER THE KAU DISTRICT AT 8 AM.

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS ARE MOVING FROM THE EAST 
NORTHEAST AROUND 20 MPH.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.