Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 15:49:20 -0600

945 
FZPN01 KWBC 262149
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 27. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 28. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 39N155E 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N161E 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S 
AND 600 NM SE QUADRANTS AND ALSO N OF 44N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168E 984 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 175E AND 
178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N173W 997 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT WITHIN 780 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N164W 998 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 300 NM 
N SEMICIRCLES WINDS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N148W 996 MB. FROM 34N TO 53N BETWEEN 
168W AND 136W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N180W 999 MB MOVING NE 40 KT. N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
TO 62N BETWEEN 168E AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM W OF A LINE 
FROM 48N173W TO 55N171W TO 59N162W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 1003 MB. EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 
52N148W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 53N TO 59N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 149W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N137W 998 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 720 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST 
SW QUADRANT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N125W 1008. FROM 33N TO 51N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 125W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 40N TO 44N E OF 128W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 
.LOW 36N173E 1015 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 
172E AND 166E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 53N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 142W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 65N AREA OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 65N AREA OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 54N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 176E AND 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 166W AND 
152W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 53N BETWEEN 140W AND 
155W. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N163E TO 44N169E. 

.HIGH 32N136W 1027 MB MOVING S 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N146W 1027 MB MOVING S 5 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N153W 1031 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N142W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N136W 1027 MB. 

.HIGH 49N166E 1025 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N176E 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N175W 1026 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N178E 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 60N169W 1027 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N162E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 26.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 27.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 28.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W N TO 
NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. N OF 24N E OF 118W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 08N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN N SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 25N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED N 
AND NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 27N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN N AND NE SWELL. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 09N97W 1009 MB DRIFTING W. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N99W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 10N100W 1010 MB. WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST S OF 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
TO 12N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N96W 
TO 12N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N116W TO 29N130W. 
N OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOURS FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 27N E OF 126W NW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. N OF 27N W OF 126W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI NOV 26...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ALONG 08N82W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 09N97W TO ANOTHER LOW PRES NEAR 10N107W TO 09N125W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 
120 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF EASTERNMOST LOW PRES. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 118W AND 128W.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.