Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:45:17 -0600

025 
FZPN40 PHFO 262245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI NOV 26 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 26 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 27 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 28 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N175W MOVING E SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 23N178W.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT TRANSITIONING TO A TROUGH FROM 30N170W TO 
24N174W TO 19N175W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W 
TO 22N177E. 

.FRONT NEAR 30N168E TO 29N160E MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.RIDGE FROM 30N159W TO 26N172W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N176W TO 27N170E TO 28N165E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 15N AND 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT E OF 160W BETWEEN 17N 
AND 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 148W BETWEEN 18N AND 25N.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 22N W OF 177W...E OF 160W BETWEEN 11N AND 23N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF 165W BETWEEN 12N AND 23N. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 176E AND 163E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF 158W BETWEEN 15N AND 25N. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT W OF 171E BETWEEN 12N AND 18N...ALSO N OF 27N BETWEEN 
175W AND 179E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS E OF 150W BETWEEN 13N AND 21N.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N148W TO 07N163W TO 08N175W TO 04N171E. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.